I've been fighting very severe post traumatic stress disorder and anxiety due to neglect and abuse for most of my life. My condition is so bad that I cannot safely go outside alone, drive, or do many of the other daily life tasks people take for granted. A psychiatric service dog can give me freedom I could never hope for otherwise.
Some things it could do to improve my life:
* Assist me in coping with emotional overload by bringing me into the present.
* Provide a shield for me in crowded areas by creating a physical boundary.
* Extinguish flashbacks by bringing me into the present.
* Orient during panic/anxiety attack.
* Stand behind me to increase feelings of safety, reduce hyper-vigilance, and decrease the likelihood of me being startled by another person coming up from behind.
* Fetch medication in a crisis.
* Distinguish hallucinations from reality by greeting people who are actually present.
All funds will go towards training a service animal with Main Line Deputy Dog.